Thursday, August 8, 2013

Not a Good Day

On Tuesday, I received the wireless module and separate microphone for Butler.  I'll need to get a soldering iron for the microphone and I'm sure there is more soldering in the future.  I can't put a robot together with just a bread board.  I mean I could but I'm not going to.  The bread board is only meant for prototyping and keeps everything clean while testing.

Well yesterday, 8/7/2013, I spent a good 11 hours working on the wireless connectivity of Butler.  After spending all that time retracing my steps, I come to find out that I had a Dead on Arrival (DOA) part.  I'm not going to lie, I was pretty upset and by the end of the day, I had a headache coming on from all the head scratching trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.  So, now I have to wait for the supplier's response to see how to resolve this issue in a timely manner.

In the meantime, I'm going to work on doing a video about the Butler project.  This will be about a week long project I'm assuming for what I'd like to have in the video.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment